Monday, January 30, 2012

The start of fashion "not"

After 1 plus year of wearing an aircast or cast constantly, I am preparing for the end.  Today I got fitted for my only foot attire of the my future - lovely black hunky leather shoes with a big toe area and a raised sole.  I will be a real "beauty" and for this I have to pay $330 and NONE of this is covered by medical insurance.  I am so down.  I don't know how I am going to endure the summer since I am so hot and I have to wear socks with the brace on my right foot and a sock or footie on my left foot.  Nothing could have ever prepared me for the turn my life has taken in 3.5 years.  I have become so bloated due to the steroids, I am in such severe pain and the foot pain was supposed to be fixed by the radical surgery.  I can't walk and can't stand except for a very limited amount of time.  I sure wish someone in Washington understood what the reality of health insurance is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment